Basic organizational applications for the iPod and iPhone have existed since the App Store itself first opened. Most productivity apps of this nature are uninspired, conventional, and accomplish the lone but vital task of keeping you organized. But simple apps often can’t accommodate not-so-simple lives – something most people know far too much about. While many applications fall short of providing the complex organizational assistance required by our increasingly more complicated lives, ToDo Group – a new iPhone and iPod application from The Clash Soft – takes productivity applications to the next level by integrating practical functions sadly missing in most apps designed to help keep us organized.
Todo Group is correctly billed as a comprehensive task manager that introduces collaboration into the feature-set of the application. Whether you manage ordinary, mundane tasks in a private folder, or collaborate with multiple users who can add, delete or edit tasks, Todo Group is a modern organizational app that does everything a productivity app of the variety should.
Among the key features separating ToDo Group from its myriad competitors:
- Both public and private folders. Participate in public users (friends who are assigned), and participates in private (only the creator). The tasks are grouped according to the deadline in four groups: tasks for today, past tasks, upcoming tasks and completed tasks.
- Each task is assigned a priority may be high, medium or low and this is indicated by stars.
- Tasks can be deleted only by the creator of the task or the folder to which it belongs.
- You can find friends through the application form (in the section of friends) and make friend requests to join a folder / project.
- You can choose to receive updates or notifications via email.
ToDo Group, which is now available for download from the App Store for $1.99, can best be likened to an app version of the Outlook calendar and organizer. Whether you’re juggling simple, personal chores, or orchestrating a group project with a multitude of deliverables, deadlines, and other complicated objectives, ToDo Group not only helps wrangle all the vital info into a well-organized construct, it also sets the bar higher for similar applications that fall short of the functionalities of ToDo Group.
ToDo Group requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later and is compatible with both iPhone and iPod Touch.