Cool Facts is a really simple app. Developed by Webworks and Applications, Cool Facts is basically just a collection of interesting facts about random things. While not the most innovative or original idea, I do quite enjoy random interesting pieces of information – and this app has 9500 of them. For example (taken from Cool Facts) – did you know that:
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830’s as medicine
- For every ‘normal’ webpage, there are five porn pages
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects’ legs in it
- Fingernails grow fastest on the hand you favor
- Only 1% of bacteria cause disease
- The U.S. military’s dried food rations can be re-hydrated with urine
- Large kangaroos can cover more than 30 feet with each jump
- President George W. Bush and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner are cousins
- All species of beetles are edible
- More than 25% of the world’s forests are in Siberia
Cool Facts displays one fact on the screen at a time. To move onto the next piece of random trivia you simply swipe your finger across the screen. On the whole the ‘facts’ are interesting and amusing – even if there is no way to check if any of them are actually true.
Cool Facts requires the iPhone 2.2 software update and is compatible with both the iPhone & the iPod Touch.