Written iPhone Game App Review
TapDefense is currently the most popular free-to-download game on the App Store. If you’re having trouble finishing all the levels or want to beat the higher difficulties, here are some tips to get you going:
- Build the bare minimum of towers that you need to complete each level.
- Save as much as you can in the early stages, to increase the effect of compounding interest.
Spend Halo’s Wisely:
- Spend you “halo’s” wisely. Priority should always go to upgrading your interest rate before upgrading/researching new towers.
- Improving your interest rate several times over the course of the game will greatly increase your end-game gold.
- More gold = more options/upgrades/towers
- Use ice and water towers liberally, especially in your “kill zone”.
- Upgrade your towers that cover multiple enemy paths/zones first
- Fully upgrade your ice/water towers later in the game, you can slow enemies down by 90%.
- Utilize arrow/magic towers, they have a long range and can be upgraded so that they are effective even from the fringes of the map.
- Diversify. Don’t build just bomb towers or just arrows. In the later stages of the game your opponents will have resistances to certain tower types.
- If you have lots of gold, consider placing a couple storm towers near the gates of hell. These will immediately take off a percentage of the enemies total hit points
- Don’t sell towers..it’s not necessary and it will lose you gold. Concentrate on strategic tower placement from the beginning of the game.
Also, the difficulty of the game tends to take a notch up around level 30 so conserve your gold as much as you can before that point and shore up your defenses on level 28-29.
If you have any other tips, please share them and comment below.
The best iPhone apps and the best iPad apps are reviewed by TheiPhoneAppReview.com